Every Reader Needs a Book Wishlist


Here is how a Book Gift story went sour.

Back in secondary school, the senior students decided to do a 'Secret Val' raffle and a friend picked my name. 

Wisely, he asked some junior students about my preferences and they told him I love reading. It was a secret raffle so he could not ask me but the junior students told me so I knew he was going to get me books.

Well, he did get me books; the wrong kind of books.

Oh, I am sure the bookseller realized he was a book newbie and just packaged the non-selling books that had probably been on his shelf for a while. 

He gave me four, really bad books about futuristic alien invasion and all what not. It was not the good kind of Science Fiction, it was the boring kind of Science Fiction.

All the excitement I had felt when I received that package just fizzled out. 

Please and please, have a Book Wishlist. Share it with your family and friends, even on social media to avoid Book Disappointment, especially when you calculate how much was spent and how many awesome books you would have preferred.

Sometimes, I prefer Gift Cards, Its just that Nigerian Bookstores don't really do Gift Cards. If someone wanted to gift me books, just buy me a 100k Gift Card from Bookpeddlerng or rovingheight or some other numerous Book Shops.

Wouldn't that be a dream?

Comments