The Perfect Book Snack


Do you like munching while reading or watching a movie?

While the woman falls hopelessly in love, the man fights and slashes away at the dragon, the girl dreams of killing her parents, or the boy suffers through his first heartbreak, what do you munch in between?

Me, I am a lover of snacks. To this day, I cannot watch a movie without munching on something. Same with books.

At first, I was befuddled with the huge selection of snacks to choose from. I would buy Pringles, other times it would be Short Bread, other times it would be Popcorn, then Silverbird almost got me addicted to gummy bears.

It took some time and a lot of snack tasting but now, I can finally declare it above all that POPCORN is the Perfect Book/Movie Snack.

Oh Lord, when I lay my hands on a very good book I have been dreaming of, I always have my huge pack of popcorn and a drink. I don't want to carry last.

When I read Sally Thorne's 99 Percent Mine, I was so prepared. I wish I had been prepared for The Hating Game as much. Same thing with movies. It has registered in my brain that food/snacks go with movies.

Great Books go with Great Snacks.

Let me tell you why Popcorn is the Perfect Book Snack

1. It is easy to make or buy
I know its easy to buy because I buy every other day. As for the making, I heard it is easy oh. I have never made it so I can't say.

2. It is not expensive
This is very important. Popcorn packs range from 50-100 naira from roadside vendors to 1000-1800 from cinema vendors. Please buy the one your pocket can afford. However, please don't but roadside and enter the cinema. They will search your bag and embarrass you. A friend said SPAR checks peoples bags, especially ladies. I have never experienced such anyways.

3. It is easily available. Just walk down the street and BAM.
I noticed of recent that Popcorn is becoming a huge business. On every junction, on every street now, you will find at least two popcorn sellers, enticing you with the smell of butter and milk. They get me every time. Most evenings, I will just be minding my business, walking home and my nose will start to twitch then my eyes will follow and before you know it, my hand is in my pocket.

4. It lasts long
Popcorn can last you for hours on end while you snuggle with that book or movie. This is perfect especially when you have a whole day or hours to sit and do nothing but reading and munching.

4. It is not filling
This is the most important reason why Popcorn is bae. Popcorn can keep you munching for hours but at the end of those hours, you will have space for real food.

Why won't you love popcorn then?

I hope with this few points of mine, I have been able to convince you that...

Popcorn is Bae.

Comments