Bookmarks Are Book Heroes


How do you know the page you stopped at while reading a book?

I know book lovers don't like to get interrupted while reading but we must live full lives here on earth. We must go to school or work, or to bathe the baby or cook or use the loo. Something always comes up to make you leave your precious book.

The problem is when you get back, how do you know where you stopped?

When I started reading books, I did not know what a bookmark was, or that it was even necessary.

It was not hard for me to get back to the page I stopped in a book. First, I would save the page number in my head. This tested my memory and it was not very efficient because most times, I would forget.

Then I began to fold the edges of the pages.

Now, some book people find this so offensive and I wonder why.

Why do you like your book to look brand new?

I like my book looking used and loved. Its stains and bent edges to me represents the love and the times I have spent reading it. It shows how much I appreciate the book.

But, we don't always get what we want, do we?

Use bookmarks so your books can look like this




And not like this



It is necessary to keep your book as clean as possible so your library can look lit.


Nobody wants this


This is what bookmarks do. They save your books.

Comments